November 21, 2016
GIANT FOOD ALERTS CUSTOMERS TO VOLUNTARY RECALL OF SABRA HUMMUS
Landover, Md. (November 21, 2016) – Following a recall by Sabra Dipping Company, Giant Food, LLC announced it removed from sale Sabra Hummus products due to the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The following products, with Best Before dates up through January 23, 2017, are included in this recall:
- Sabra Hummus Classic, 10 oz., UPC 4082201114
- Sabra Hummus Basil Pesto, 10 oz., UPC 4082202011
- Sabra Hummus Lemon Twist, 10 oz., UPC 4082201164
- Sabra Hummus Caramelized Onion with Paprika, 10 oz., UPC 4082201470
- Sabra Hummus Olive Tapanade, 10 oz., UPC 4082201134
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Pine Nut, 10 oz., UPC 4082201174
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Red Pepper, 10 oz., UPC 4082201154
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Garlic, 10 oz., UPC 4082201124
- Sabra Hummus Sun Dried Tomato, 10 oz., UPC 4082201473
- Sabra Hummus Supremely Spicy, 10 oz., UPC 4082201144
- Sabra Hummus Spinach & Artichoke, 10 oz., UPC 4082202754
- Sabra Hummus Zesty 3 Pepper Chili, 10 oz., UPC 4082234404
- Sabra Hummus Taco Inspired with Pico de Gallo, 10 oz., UPC 4082234367
- Sabra Hummus Classic Family Size, 17 oz., UPC 4082201749
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Pine Nut Family Size, 17 oz., UPC 4082299001
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Red Pepper Family Size, 17 oz., UPC 4082201750
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Garlic Family Size, 17 oz., UPC 4082201751
- Sabra Hummus Singles Classics, 12 oz., UPC 4082234272
- Sabra Hummus Singles Roasted Red Pepper, 12 oz., UPC 4082234273
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Garlic, 7 oz., UPC 4082201123
- Sabra Hummus Roasted Red Pepper, 7 oz., UPC 4082201243
- Sabra Spreads Garlic Herb, 8.5 oz., UPC 4082234313
- Sabra Spreads Honey Mustard, 8.5 oz., UPC 4082234312
- Sabra Spreads Sea Salt & Cracked Pepper, 8.5 oz., UPC 408223431
- Sabra Hummus with Pretzels Roasted Garlic, 4.56 oz., UPC 4082201199
- Sabra Hummus with Pretzels Roasted Red Pepper, 4.56 oz., UPC 4082201196
- Sabra Hummus with Pretzels Classic, 4.56 oz., UPC 4082201195
- Sabra Party Platter Selects, 18.6 oz., UPC 73643685152
- Fresh Vegetable Tray with Classic Hummus, 24 oz., UPC 68826718033
Giant has received no reports of illnesses to date. Listeria is a common organism found in nature. Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially fatal disease. Healthy people rarely contract listeriosis. However, listeriosis can cause high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea. Listeriosis can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths, as well as serious and sometimes fatal infections in those with weakened immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy.
Customers who have purchased these products should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Giant for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Sabra Consumer Relations at 1-866-265-6761. In addition, customers may call Giant Food Customer Service at 888-469-4426 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for more information. Customers can also visit the Giant Food website at www.giantfood.com.
About Giant Food, LLC
Giant Food, LLC, headquartered in Landover, Md., operates 169 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 20,000 associates. Included within the 169 stores are 160 full-service pharmacies. Giant is owned by Ahold USA, Inc. For more information on Giant visit www.giantfood.com.