April 24, 2017
GIANT FOOD ALERTS CUSTOMERS TO VOLUNTARY RECALL OF SELECT LAY’S KETTLE COOKED CHIPS
Landover, Md. (April 22, 2017) -Following a recall by Frito Lay, Giant Food, LLC announced it removed from sale select Lay’s Kettle Cooked potato chips due to potential Salmonella contamination in the jalapeno seasoning.
The following products are included in this recall:
- Frito Lay 2 Go Bold Mix, 18.4 oz., UPC 2840064666 with a “use by” date of JUN 20 or prior
- Lays Kettle Cooked Variety Pack, 10.2 oz., UPC 2840062930 with a “use by” date of JUN 20 or prior
- Lays Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Jalapeno, 2.75 oz., UPC 2840043783 with a “guaranteed fresh” date of JUL 4 or prior
- Lays Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Jalapeno, 13.5 oz., UPC 2840063218 with a “guaranteed fresh” date of JUL 4 or prior
- Lays Kettle Cooked Potato Chips Jalapeno, 8 oz., UPC 2840037185 with a “guaranteed fresh” date of JUL 4 or prior
Giant has received no reports of illnesses to date. Consumption of food contaminated with Salmonella can cause salmonellosis, one of the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses. Salmonella infections can be life-threatening, especially to those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy. The most common manifestations of salmonellosis are diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within eight to 72 hours. Additional symptoms may be chills, headache, nausea and vomiting that can last up to seven days.
Customers who have purchased these products should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Giant for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Frito Customer Service at 800-406-0096. In addition, customers may call Giant Food Customer Service at 888-469-4426 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for more information. Customers can also visit the Giant Food website atwww.giantfood.com
About Giant Food, LLC
Giant Food, LLC, headquartered in Landover, Md., operates 169 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 20,000 associates. Included within the 169 stores are 160 full-service pharmacies. Giant is owned by Ahold USA, Inc. For more information on Giant visit www.giantfood.com.