May 7, 2017
GIANT FOOD ALERTS CUSTOMERS TO VOLUNTARY RECALL OF AUNT JEMIMA AND HUNGRY-MAN ITEMS
Landover, Md. (May 7, 2017) – Following a recall by Pinnacle Foods Inc., Giant Food, LLC announced it removed from sale certain Aunt Jemima and Hungry-Man products due to the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
All Best By dates of the following products are included in this recall:
- Hungryman Selects Chicken & Waffles, 16 oz., UPC 65827620290
- Aunt Jemima Cinnamon French Toast, 12.5 oz., UPC 1960005890
- Aunt Jemima French Toast, 12.5 oz., UPC 1960005770
- Aunt Jemima Mini Pancakes, 14.5 oz., UPC 1960005480
- Aunt Jemima Blueberry Pancakes, 14.8 oz., UPC 1960006470
- Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancakes Low Fat, 14.5 oz., UPC 1960006100
- Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancakes, 14.8 oz., UPC 1960006820
- Aunt Jemima Homestyle Pancakes, 14.8 oz., UPC 1960006910
- Aunt Jemima Blueberry Waffles, 17.18 oz., UPC 1960006220
- Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Waffles, 17.18 oz., UPC 1960006210
- Aunt Jemima Homestyle Waffles, 17.18 oz., UPC 1960006200
Giant Food has received no reports of illnesses to date. Listeria is a common organism found in nature. Consumption of food contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes can cause listeriosis, an uncommon but potentially fatal disease. Healthy people rarely contract listeriosis. However, listeriosis can cause high fever, severe headache, neck stiffness and nausea. Listeriosis can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths, as well as serious and sometimes fatal infections in those with weakened immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy.
Customers who have purchased these products should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Giant Food for a full refund.
Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Pinnacle Foods at 1-888-299-7646. In addition, customers may call Giant Food Customer Service at 888-469-4426 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for more information. Customers can also visit the Giant Food website at www.giantfood.com.
About Giant Food, LLC
Giant Food, LLC, headquartered in Landover, Md., operates 169 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 20,000 associates. Included within the 169 stores are 160 full-service pharmacies. Giant is owned by Ahold USA, Inc. For more information on Giant visit www.giantfood.com.