March 22, 2012
Giant Food of Landover, MD
Brand New Giant Opens Friday in Baltimore City
Green Spring Tower Square Giant Hosts Premiere Night Thursday to Showcase Store
Landover, Md. (March 22, 2012)WHAT: Giant Food of Landover, Md. is opening its new 48,500-square-foot store located at 1020 W. 41st Street in Baltimore, Maryland with an exclusive, red-carpet Premiere Night featuring special activities including live entertainment, gifts, food sampling, and more. The brand new Green Spring Tower Square Giant will offer customers a great selection of fresh products, low prices, and friendly, reliable service.
Customers attending Premiere Night will meet their new store team and tour the brand new store before the public opening Friday morning. Baltimore City dignitaries and community members will join in a 6 p.m. ribbon cutting.
Giant acquired the Baltimore City location in early February and has worked at an aggressive pace to convert the former Fresh & Green’s store into a brand new Giant Food. Eighty five percent of the store is brand new, and remaining elements were refurbished to meet Giant’s standards. The new Green Spring Tower Square Giant will replace the Rotunda Giant, located at 711 W. 40th Street.
Throughout its 75-year history, Giant has remained committed to providing the highest level of quality, value, and service to its customers. The Green Spring Tower Square Giant has created more than 100 new jobs for community members.
Green Spring Tower Square Giant elements include:
- Full-service floral department conveniently located at front of store.
- Enhanced and expansive produce department featuring fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Large selection of natural and organic food items featuring full line of Giant’s Nature’s Promise products and gluten-free offerings.
- Bakery offers full array of fresh baked goods including Giant’s exclusive line of Madelyn cakes and lattice pies.
- Full-service seafood department features an expanded variety of items. Giant offers complimentary marinating and steaming for seafood purchases. Store will also feature live lobster tank.
- Full-service meat department with expansive offering.
- Large service deli, featuring wide variety of prepared foods, gourmet cheeses, sandwiches, and soup and salad bar.
- Green Spring Tower Square will also offer sushi, prepared fresh in-store by a sushi chef.
- International section offering variety of Hispanic, Italian, and Asian products.
- Variety of general merchandise, seasonal items, health and beauty care products.
- Value aisle featuring Real Deal! and Weekly Specials!
- Community café area at front of store.
- Van Houtte self-serve coffee station.
- Green Spring Tower Square customers will benefit from new in-store technologies “SCAN IT!” hand-held devices, which allow customers to scan and bag their groceries while they shop and an “ORDER IT!” deli kiosk, where customers can digitally place deli orders, continue shopping, and pick up order when alert is received.
- Seventeen check-out lanes, six of which are “CHECK IT!” self-check out. Two check-out lanes are reserved for “SCAN IT!” users.
Green Spring Tower Square Giant Premiere Night: Thursday, March 29, 2012 5 to 8 p.m. Ribbon Cutting, 6 p.m.
Ribbon Cutting Participants include:
- Maryland State Senator Catherine Pugh invited
- Maryland State Delegate Barbara Robinson
- Maryland State Delegate Shawn Tarrant invited
- Maryland State Delegate Frank Conaway, Jr. invited
- Baltimore City Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake invited
- Baltimore City Council President Bernard “Jack” Young
- Baltimore City Councilwoman Mary Pat Clarke
- Jamie Miller, Giant Food of Landover, Md. Public and Community Relations Manager
- Bob Hass, Giant Food of Landover, Md. District Director
- Nick Hyson, Giant Food of Landover, Md. Store Manager
1020 W. 41st Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21211
MEDIA RSVP: Media is invited to attend the Premiere Night at the Parkville Giant but must RSVP to Kaitlin Sanderson by email at email@example.com or by phone at (202) 414-0779.
About Giant Food of Landover, Md.
Giant Food LLC, headquartered in Landover, Md., operates 173 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 22,000 associates. Included within the 173 stores are 159 full-service pharmacies. Giant opened the first supermarket in the nation’s capital on February 6, 1936. For more information on Giant, visit www.GiantFood.com.