March 22, 2012
Giant Food of Landover, MD
Brand New Parkville Giant Opens Friday
Harford Road Giant Hosts Premiere Night Thursday to Showcase Store
Landover, Md. (March 22, 2012)WHAT: Giant Food of Landover, Md. is opening its new 41,000-square-foot store located at 7709 Harford Road in Parkville, Maryland with an exclusive, red-carpet Premiere Night featuring special activities including live entertainment, gifts, food sampling, and more. The brand new Parkville Giant will offer customers a great selection of fresh products, low prices, and friendly, reliable service.
Customers attending Premiere Night will meet their new store team and tour the brand new store before the public opening Friday morning. Parkville dignitaries and community members will join in a 6 p.m. ribbon cutting.
Giant acquired the Parkville location in early February and has worked at an aggressive pace to convert the former Fresh & Green’s store into a brand new Giant Food. Eighty five percent of the store is brand new, and remaining elements were refurbished to meet Giant’s standards. Throughout its 75-year history, Giant has remained committed to providing the highest level of quality, value, and service to its customers. The Parkville Giant has created more than 100 new jobs for community members.
Parkville Giant elements include:
- Full-service floral department conveniently located at front of store.
- Enhanced and expansive produce department featuring fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Selection of natural and organic food items featuring full line of Giant’s Nature’s Promise products and gluten-free offerings.
- Bakery offers full array of fresh baked goods including Giant’s exclusive line of Madelyn cakes and lattice pies.
- Full-service seafood department includes an expanded variety of items. Giant offers complimentary marinating and steaming for seafood purchases. Store will also feature live lobster tank.
- Meat department with expansive offering.
- Large service deli, featuring wide variety of prepared foods, gourmet cheeses, sandwiches, and soup and salad bar.
- International section offering variety of Hispanic, Italian, and Asian products.
- Community café area at front of store.
- Van Houtte self-serve coffee station.
- Parkville customers will benefit from a new in-store technology, “ORDER IT!” deli kiosk, where customers can digitally place deli orders, continue shopping, and pick up order when alert is received.
- Variety of general merchandise, seasonal items, health and beauty care products.
- Fourteen check-out lanes, six of which are “CHECK IT!” self-check out.
Parkville Giant Premiere Night: Thursday, March 29, 2012 5 to 8 p.m. Ribbon Cutting, 6 p.m.
Ribbon Cutting Participants include:
- Maryland State Senator Katherine Klausmeier invited
- Maryland State Delegate Joseph Boteler III invited
- Maryland State Delegate Eric Bromwell invited
- Maryland State Delegate John Cluster, Jr. invited
- Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz invited
- Baltimore County Council Chair Vicki Almond invited
- Baltimore County Councilwoman Cathy Bevins invited
- Brian Beatty, Giant Food of Landover, Md. Director of Marketing and External Communications
- Stefanie Cain, Giant Food of Landover, Md. District Director
- Marty Tibert, Giant Food of Landover, Md. Store Manager
7709 Harford Road
Parkville, Maryland 21234
MEDIA RSVP: Media is invited to attend the Premiere Night at the Parkville Giant but must RSVP to Sara Neumann by email at [email protected] or by phone at (202) 414-0788.
About Giant Food of Landover, Md.
Giant Food LLC, headquartered in Landover, Md., operates 173 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 22,000 associates. Included within the 173 stores are 159 full-service pharmacies. Giant opened the first supermarket in the nation’s capital on February 6, 1936. For more information on Giant, visit www.GiantFood.com.