August 27, 2013
Giant Food of Landover, MD
Giant Launches Convenient Pick-up Service at 20th Location
Giant Pick-up offers additional shopping option to fit customers' busy lifestyles
Landover, Md. (August 27, 2013) – Giant Food of Landover, Md. today announced in partnership with its sister company Peapod, the leading internet grocer, that it has opened 20 Giant Pick-up locations since April, including two newly opened locations at neighborhood Giant stores in Bowie, Md. and Sterling, Va. In addition, the nation’s capital grocer recently opened a Giant Pick-up and Giant Fuel station hybrid facility located at 8500 Connecticut Avenue in Chevy Chase, Md.
“We’re very excited to be working with our sister grocer Peapod so closely to execute our Giant Pick-up program – an excellent convenience for customers in the Mid-Atlantic region,” said Giant Food President Anthony Hucker. “Our hybrid fuel station, paired with the ability to pick up groceries is offering our customers an even deeper level of convenience.”
Shoppers can order groceries online through Peapod.com for easy pick-up at the following Giant locations:
- Clarksville Giant Food, 6050 Daybreak Circle, Clarkesville, Md.
- Hickory Road Village Giant Food, 6480 Freetown Road, Columbia, Md.
- Kingsview Village Giant Food, 18311 Leaman Farm Road, Germantown, Md.
- Neelsville Village Center Giant Food, 20944 Frederick Road, Germantown, Md.
- Centrewood Plaza Giant Food, 14125 St. Germain Drive, Centreville, Va.
- Montrose Crossing Giant Food, 12051 Rockville Pike, Rockville, Md.
- Derwood Giant Food, 16837 Crabbs Branch Way, Derwood, Md.
- Rockville Town Center Giant Food, 625 Hungerford Drive, Rockville, Md.
- Crofton Giant Food, 1161 Maryland Route 3 North, Crofton, Md.
- Bay Forest Center Giant Food, 948 Bay Ridge Road, Annapolis, Md.
- Severna Park Mall Giant Food, 573 Governor Ritchie Highway, Severna Park, Md.
- Edgewater Giant Food, 13 Lee Airpark Drive, Edgewater, Md.
- Kingstowne Giant Food, 5870 Kingstowne Boulevard, Alexandria, Va.
- Alexandria Commons Giant Food, 3131 Duke Street, Alexandria, Va.
- Beacon Mall Giant Food, 6800 Richmond Highway, Alexandria, Va.
- Hayfield Giant Food, 7558 Telegraph Road, Alexandria, Va.
- Elden Street Marketplace Giant Food, 1228 Elden Street, Herndon, Va.
- Bowie Giant, 3500 N.W. Crain Highway, Bowie, Md.
- Cascades Marketplace Giant Food, 20961 Southbank Street, Sterling, Va.
“We are excited about the rapid expansion of our new Giant Pick-up service and are pleased we can offer yet another convenient shopping option. Customers can shop anytime, anywhere from their desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone, and then pick up their groceries in less than 5 minutes,” continued Hucker, “They don’t even need to get out of the car.”
There is no fee for Giant Pick-up and no minimum purchase. Shoppers can choose a convenient one-hour pick-up time from morning through evening. They can create personal lists, read nutrition information online, sort products rapidly by price or by nutrition criteria and take advantage of thousands of weekly specials. Giant customers can even shop from a list of items they have bought at their local store simply by entering their Giant card number online. All Giant Pick-up Purchases earn Giant Gas Rewards. For more information about Giant Pick-up please visit www.giantfood.com/pick-up.
About Giant Food of Landover, Md.
Giant Food LLC, headquartered in Landover, Md., operates 169 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 20,000 associates. Included within the 169 stores are 155 full-service pharmacies. Giant opened the first supermarket in the nation’s capital on February 6, 1936. Giving back to the community is a cornerstone that was instilled by the founders more than 77 years ago. The company’s core areas of giving include hunger, education, health and wellness, and supporting service members and military families. In 2012, Giant’s monetary and in-kind contributions exceeded $12 million, and the nation’s capital grocer helped partners provide 55.2 million meals. For more information on Giant, visit www.GiantFood.com.
Founded in 1989 as a smart shopping option for busy people, Peapod today stands as the country's leading Internet grocer, serving 24 U.S. markets in communities in the states of Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. An Ahold USA company, Peapod has made over 23 million deliveries since its late 1980s inception. For more information on Peapod, call 1.800.5.PEAPOD (573.2763); e-mail email@example.com or visit www.peapod.com.