skip to main content
baked not-quite alaska
- Using a cookie cutter, cut pound cake into circles.
- Top pound cake circles with a layer of ice cream and another pound cake layer.
- Freeze for a few hours on a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk 3 egg whites until stiff and then add a pinch cream of tartar and 1/2 cup sugar (slowly), whisking until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe meringue over pound cake sandwiches. Freeze for 2 hours.
- Brown meringue with a kitchen torch. Serve immediately or refreeze.