apple crumble pie
prep time: 25 minutes cook time: 50 minutes ready in: 1 hour 15 minutes Makes: 8 servings, 1 piece each
For the Pie:
- 5 medium apples, pared and cored
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 unbaked (9-inch) pie shell
For the Crumble Topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice apples to make 5 cups and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour and lemon peel and mix until apples are coated. Spoon mixture into pie shell and set aside.
- In a clean bowl, combine dry ingredients for crumble topping. Using your finger-tips, cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over top the apples.
- Bake for 40–50 minutes.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.