apple pie pockets
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 1 pocket each
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lb whole wheat pizza dough, defrosted
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a large baking sheet with oil or cooking spray. In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except pizza dough, mixing well.
- Divide pizza dough in half and roll out each piece into a 10-inch square. Cut in half lengthwise and widthwise to form eight 5-inch squares.
- Divide apple mixture evenly among eight squares. Fold four corners up over filling and pinch edges together to seal.
- Place each pocket on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers and reheat in microwave.
per serving: 210 calories, 6g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 10g sugars, 5g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.