asparagus couscous salad
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1 cup each
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup green or red bell peppers, halved
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool for 10 minutes. While couscous is cooling, blanch the cut asparagus by placing in a large pot of boiling water. Cook asparagus until it turns bright green, about 2-5 minutes. Remove asparagus from pot with a slotted spoon and place in large bowl of ice water. Remove from water and dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
per serving: 120 calories, 6g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 15g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 4g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.