bacon and cheese potato salad
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 12 servings, 3/4 cup each
- 5 medium white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red potato, peeled if desired, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded Cheddar
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon pieces
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- Paprika (optional)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until tender; drain. Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, mustard, and pepper to taste. Stir in onion, cheese, bacon, relish and eggs. Spoon dressing mixture over potatoes; toss lightly to coat. Cover and chill at least 4 hours. Before serving, sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Per serving: 240 calories, 12g fat, 4g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 360mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 5g sugars, 7g protein
If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free.