baked salmon with greens
prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 2 servings, 4 oz. each
- 2 skinless salmon fillets, 4 oz. each
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups of your favorite fresh greens, rinsed and dried
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced white onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Fresh oregano sprigs for garnish
- Lemon wedges for garnish
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking pan with olive oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the salmon steaks in the middle of a 12x16 inch sheet of foil. Sprinkle with pepper and salt, and top each steak with the greens, onion, oregano and lemon juice. Bring up the end of the foil over the fish and seal the edges tightly.
- Place the package in the baking pan and bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the fish easily flakes with a fork.
- Carefully open the package and transfer the salmon fillets and the greens to a plate. Drizzle with the cooking juices and garnish with fresh oregano sprigs and lemon wedges.
per serving: 160 calories, 4g fat, 1g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 24g protein