baked tilapia and spinach
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 25 minutes
ready in: 35 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 7 ounces each
- 1 lb. tilapia filets
- 10 oz. fresh spinach, washed
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/2 teaspoon no-salt lemon pepper seasoning blend
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallions (green onions)
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and add the spinach. If necessary to make the spinach fit it into the baking dish, steam or sauté the spinach for about a minute to wilt slightly.
- Sprinkle spinach with onion powder and add the chicken broth.
- Arrange the filets over the spinach and sprinkle with lemon pepper seasoning, chopped tomato and sliced green onion.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 20–25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with a side of rice or potatoes.
per serving: 140 calories, 3g fat, 1g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 2g sugars, 26g protein