basic oatmeal cookies
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 12 minutes
ready in: 27 minutes
makes: 48 servings, 1 cookie each
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats or quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking soda and add to the butter mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in oats and your desired add-ins or make without add-ins.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are golden brown. Cool to room temperature on cookie sheets. Store at room temperature in airtight containers.
per serving: 100 calories, 4.5g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 13g carbohydrates, 0g dietary fiber, 7g sugars, 1g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.