basil garlic turkey burgers
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 8 oz. each
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dried Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 4 slices fontina
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sandwich rolls
- Fresh arugula
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300°F–350°F). In a large bowl combine egg, breadcrumbs and 1/4 cup of the basil. Add turkey, and salt and pepper to taste; mix well. Form into 4 patties.
- Place patties on grill. Grill, covered, 5 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 165°F. During the last 2 minutes of grilling, top each patty with 1 cheese slice; grill just until melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine tomatoes, garlic, oil, remaining 2 tablespoons basil, and salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
- Place rolls, cut side down, on grill. Grill until lightly toasted. Place burgers in rolls, top with tomato mixture and arugula, and serve.
per serving: 365 calories, 8g fat, 2g saturated fat, 110mg cholesterol, 635mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 0g sugars, 37g protein