beef and asparagus stir-fry
prep time: 8 minutes cook time: 30 minutes ready in: 38 mintues makes: 4 servings, 12 oz. each
- 1 lb. round or top sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Simply Enjoy garlic-flavored olive oil
- 2 cups fresh asparagus, cut on a slant into 1-inch slices
- 3 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup dry rice
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Slice steak, across the grain and on a slant into 1/4-inch strips. Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large, heavy wok (or pan with high sides) over high heat. Add asparagus and stir-fry until just tender, about 3 – 3 ½ minutes.
- Push asparagus up on wok and add steak to hot, flat bottom area of wok. Stir-fry until steak is no longer pink, about 2 more minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and quickly add hoisin sauce and sesame oil, stir-fry until steak and asparagus are glazed with sauce.
- Serve immediately over hot rice.