beef and kale stir-fry
prep time: 20 minutes + marinate time
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 1 hour, 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 8½ oz. each
- 1/4 cup less-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 Tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 lb. flank steak or sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded, cut into thin strips
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped kale
- Hot cooked rice
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- For the marinade, in a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, broth and hoisin sauce.
- Place steak strips in a large resealable plastic bag. Add marinade; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Remove steak from marinade; reserve marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok heat oil over medium-high heat. Add steak; stir-fry 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Push to side of skillet.
- Add onion, garlic and bell pepper; stir-fry 1 minute. Add kale and reserved marinade; cook 3 minutes or just until kale is wilted. Serve over rice.
per serving: 315 calories, 16g fat, 6g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 865mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 3g sugars, 30g protein