beef and mushroom teriyaki
prep time: 25 minutes cook time: 15 minutes ready in: 40 minutes makes: 4 servings, 10 oz. each
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb boneless beef sirloin steak or beef top round steak, 3/4-inch thick, cut into very thin strips
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon lite soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prepare rice according to package directions for 2 cups cooked rice.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add beef and cook until it's well browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.
- Add the onions, carrots and mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes or until carrots are tender, but still slightly crisp.
- Stir the cornstarch, broth, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth and add to meat and vegetables. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Serve the beef mixture over the rice.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.