prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 1 hour 4 minutes
ready in: 1 hour 19 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 12 ounces each
- 1 lb beef sirloin or round steak, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb fresh button mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups or 10.75 oz. can beef broth
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) wide egg noodles, uncooked
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Brown round steak in oil over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and onion and saute 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, tomato paste and wine. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, drain.
- Serve beef over noodles.
per serving: 450 calories, 13g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 130mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 47g carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, 39g protein