beef rib roast with browned vegetables
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 3 hours
ready in: 3 hours 10 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 6 ounces each
- 3 lb beef rib eye roast, small end
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- 8 small red-skinned potatoes, cooked
- 8 boiling onions, cooked
- 8 carrots, cut into 2" pieces, cooked
- Heat oven to 350°F. Combine garlic and lemon pepper press on to beef roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef. Do not add water or cover. Roast for 2 ¼ - 2 ½ hours for medium rare, 2 ¾ - 3 hours for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F. for medium rare, 150°F for medium.
- Transfer to board, tent with foil. Let stand 15-20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F.)
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons drippings from pan. Add vegetables, cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Carve roast. Serve with vegetables.
per serving: 420 calories, 14g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 41g carbohydrates, 6g dietary fiber, 31g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.