beef stuffed peppers
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 30 minutes
ready in: 45 minutes
makes: 5 servings, 8 ounces each
- 5 bell peppers, any color
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 8 oz. drained whole-kernel corn
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut tops from peppers, remove centers and discard.
- Cook peppers 5 minutes in boiling water, drain peppers and set aside.
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet until meat is browned, stirring to crumble meat; drain well.
- Stir in tomato sauce, corn, chili powder and salt.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture and place in a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle tops of peppers with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes.
per serving: 365 calories, 20g total fat, 9g saturated fat, 76mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 26g carbohydrates, 5g dietary fiber, 24g protein