prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 60 minutes
ready in: 1 hour, 15 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz. frozen mixed berries
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Add butter and oil to an 8-inch square baking dish and place in oven to melt, about 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add milk and vanilla extract and stir to form a smooth batter. Add melted butter and oil to mixture.
- Pour batter into hot baking dish. Pour berries over batter evenly. Bake until golden brown, about 50–60 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
per serving: 190 calories, 7g fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 18g sugars, 3g protein