blueberry and mango fruit sundaes
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 7 minutes
ready in: 37 minutes
makes: 8 servings, 1 sundae each
- 2 mangoes, pitted, peeled and diced (about 2¼ lb.)
- 3 cups blueberries
- 2 limes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 quart fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt
- Additional mint leaves
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a large bowl combine mangoes and blueberries; set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove peel from limes in strips; set aside. Juice limes to measure 3 tablespoons juice; set aside.
- In a small saucepan bring 1/2 cup water, lime peel, sugar and mint to boiling over medium-high heat; stir until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 minutes. Remove syrup from heat.
- Place syrup in a small bowl. Stir in lime juice; let stand 15–20 minutes. Remove peel and mint; discard. Drizzle syrup on fruit; toss to coat.
- Scoop yogurt into individual dessert dishes. Spoon fruit on yogurt, top with additional mint, and serve.
per serving: 230 calories, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 47g sugars, 5g protein