braised pork chops with cherries
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 6 oz. each
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 lb. bone-in pork chops or 1 lb. boneless
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 lb. sweet cherries, stemmed, halved and pitted
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Sprinkle pork chops with garlic powder, rosemary, pepper and salt. Add pork chops to skillet and cook until browned about 5 minutes on each side.
- Add water, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for another 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Remove pork chops from skillet and keep warm.
- Add vinegar, onion and cherries to skillet; heat just until warmed and liquid is reduced.
- Stir in chives and parsley and serve cherries with pork chops.
Per Serving: 300 calories, 18g fat, 6g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 7g sugars, 24g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.