brown sugar baked ham
prep time: 20 minutes cook time: 3 hours ready in: 3 hours 20 minutes makes: 30 serving, 4 oz. each
- 1 (8–10 lb) Nature’s Promise fully cooked ham
- 3 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons ground cloves
- Whole cloves, optional
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 Tablespoon yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300–325°F. If using a cured ham with skin on, cut skin away from ham, but leave the fat. Rub ham with cinnamon and cloves to cover completely.
- Wrap tightly in foil and bake for 15 minutes per pound. Cool ham slightly and scrap away cinnamon and cloves: discard.
- Coat ham with thin smear of mustard. If desired, cut diamond pattern into fat layer and place a whole clove in each diamond as a garnish.
- Combine brown sugar with flour. Pat brown sugar over ham to evenly cover fat layer. Use additional brown sugar, if needed, to thoroughly coat ham.
- Return ham, uncovered, to oven for 30–35 minutes to melt and caramelize the sugar. Cool before slicing and serving.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.