carrot cake whoopie pies
prep time: 30 minutes cook time: 15 minutes ready in: 45 minutes makes: 12 servings, 1 sandwich each
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 ½ cups grated carrots
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- 8 oz. tub fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Lightly coat 2 large baking sheets with butter or line with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 375°
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, oil, sugar, egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Fold in carrots and raisins. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter into 24 mounds onto prepared baking sheets, flattening slightly. Bake for 10–12 minutes at 375°, switching sheets halfway through baking, until cookies are lightly browned and spring back when touched lightly. Cool cookies on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, combine cream cheese with confectioner’s sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla. Sandwich cookies together with frosting.