cauliflower broccoli cheese soup
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 cup each
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups Nature's Promise® low sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb frozen broccoli & cauliflower or 5 cups fresh, chopped
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 2 oz. (1/2 cup) reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup seasoned croutons
- Ground nutmeg to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat, add onion and cook until just beginning to brown. Add garlic and cook until onions are lightly browned.
- Add broth, broccoli and cauliflower mix, cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 10–15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree mixture in a blender. Return pureed mixture to saucepan, add milk and heat through. Remove from heat and stir in cheese. Season with pepper. Sprinkle each serving with nutmeg and garnish with a few seasoned croutons.
per serving: 150 calories, 6g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 15g carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, 4 g sugar, 8g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.