cheesy turkey and cranberry melts
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 5 minutes
ready in: 15 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 1 sandwich each
- 8 oz. sliced roasted turkey
- 8 slices 100% whole-wheat bread, lightly toasted
- 8 very thin slices fresh pear or apple
- 4 slices cooked turkey or veggie bacon, cut in half
- 4 ounces Cabot® Sharp Light Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup cranberry-orange or whole cranberry sauce
- Divide turkey evenly among 4 bread slices; top with pear and bacon. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place under broiler or in toaster oven; cook until cheese melts.
- Spread cranberry sauce evenly over one side of each remaining bread slice; place on top of sandwiches.
- Cut in half diagonally, and serve immediately.
Note:Recipe provided by Cabot®.
per serving: 341 calories, 8g total fat, 3g saturated fat, 69mg cholesterol, 772mg sodium, 35g carbohydrates, 4g dietary fiber, 10g sugars, 34g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.