prep time: 25 minutes
cook time: 35 minutes
ready in: 1 hour
makes: 8 servings, 3/4 cup each
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup + 2 Tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 4 cups fresh pitted cherries
- 3 Golden Delicious apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Combine oats, flour, 1/2 cup of the brown sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly; set aside.
- Combine cherries, apples, orange juice and remaining 2 tablespoons
brown sugar in large bowl; toss well. Place in a lightly greased 11x7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with oat mixture. Bake 35–40 minutes or until golden brown.
Per serving: 260 calories, 7g fat, 4g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 31g sugars, 3g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.