- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes.
- Mix oil, lemon juice and rind, garlic and herbs together in a shallow glass dish. Stir in chicken cubes, coating all surfaces with mixture, cover and marinate in refrigerator for 15–30 minutes.
- Alternate chicken, squash and tomatoes on 4 skewers*, leaving a small space between pieces of food.
- Liberally brush each skewer with remaining marinade and then discard marinade.
- Grill skewers over medium coals about 4 inches from heat source. Grill about 10 minutes, turning skewers every 2–3 minutes. Or cook in a preheated broiler, 4 inches from heat. Cook until chicken is cooked through (internal temperature of 165°F) and vegetables are tender.
- Serving Suggestion: serve with a side of rice or grilled potatoes
per serving: 270 calories, 12g fat, 1g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 220mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 29g protein