chilled corn soup with lobster
prep time: 10 minutes + refrigeration time
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 1 hour, 30 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 2 cups each
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups corn kernels
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons finely diced red onions
- 2 Tablespoons finely diced bell pepper
- 2 cups cooked lobster meat*
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped chives
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Heat butter in a large stock pot and add onions and garlic until softened.
- Add corn and season with pepper. Stir until corn is softened, about 8 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and simmer until corn is fully cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Puree soup in a blender until smooth. Soup may be strained if you desire a smoother consistency.
- Adjust thickness of soup with water as needed. Cover and transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- To prepare lobster topping, in a large bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, red onions and bell peppers, mix well to combine. Stir in lobster meat and chives. Chill until ready to serve.
- Top soup with lobster mixture.
- * Substitute crab for the lobster meat
- Serving Suggestions: Serve with a side salad and sliced crusty bread. To make an appetizer: serve in small shot glasses or small bowls.
per serving: 240 calories, 8g fat, 3g saturated fat, 80mg cholesterol, 660mg sodium, 29g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 10g sugars, 16g protein