chocolate and macadamia oatmeal cookies
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 35 minutes
ready in: 50 minutes
makes: 48 servings, 1 cookie each
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats or quick oats
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (2.25 oz.) macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking soda and add to the butter mixture; stir just until combined. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, macadamia nuts and shredded coconut.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool to room temperature on cookie sheets. Store at room temperature in airtight containers.
per serving: 130 calories, 7g total fat, 3.5g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 16g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 9g sugar, 2g protein