chocolate mayan bundt cake
prep time: 40 minutes cook time: 45 minutes ready in: 1 hour 25 minutes makes: 24 servings, 1 slice each
- 6 oz. dark chocolate baking bar, broken into pieces
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 oz. dark chocolate baking bar, broken into pieces
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a Bundt pan; set aside. Melt 6 oz. dark chocolate until mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and cayenne pepper.
- In a separate bowl, with an electric mixer, beat brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Beat in melted chocolate. Add 1/2 of flour mixture beat then add 1/2 cup of milk. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before inverting the pan onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- While cake cools, melt 2 oz. of dark chocolate until smooth. Pour 1 ½ cups of powdered sugar into a small bowl and form a well. Pour butter, whipping cream, salt and melted chocolate into the well. Stir until blended. If too thin, add remaining powdered sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until drizzling consistency is reached.
- Spoon glaze over top of cake and let stand until glaze is firm.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.