- In a medium sauce pan, bring milk, water, salt, butter and 2 teaspoons sugar to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the flour all at once, mixing well so that no lumps form.
- Return to heat and cook an additional 2 minutes until pulling away from the sides. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and allow the dough to cool slightly.
- Using an electric mixer, add eggs, one at a time, beating well in between until well incorporated.
- Allow dough to rest while the oil heats in a large pot over medium heat. There should be about 2 inches of oil in the pot, if you pot is larger, add more oil. Temperature needs to stay between 360°F–375°F for frying.
- Using a spoon or melon baller, form dough into small balls and drop into hot oil. Allow the churros to cook in oil, 5 at time, for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Use a wire mesh strainer, remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon and roll churro bites in mixture while they are still warm.
per serving: 400 calories, 35g fat, 7g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 8g sugars, 4g protein