prep time: 15 minutes + marinate time
cook time: 6 minutes
ready in: 1 hour, 21 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 4½ oz. each
- 3 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3½ teaspoons grated orange zest, divided
- 1¼ teaspoons sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 (6 oz.) salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- For the rub, in a small bowl combine brown sugar, 3 teaspoons of the orange zest, plus salt and pepper. Transfer 1/2 teaspoon of the rub to a small bowl; set aside. Spread remaining rub on fillets. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine sour cream, ginger, remaining 1/2 teaspoon zest and 1/2 teaspoon rub, and salt to taste; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat gas grill to medium-high (350°F to 400°F). Place fillets, skin side up, on grill. Grill 3–4 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fillets from grill, top each with sour cream mixture, and serve.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve with grilled vegetables and rice
per serving: 270 calories, 10g fat, 3g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 11g sugars, 29g protein