prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 50 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 6 ounces each
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced red or green bell pepper
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- dash cayenne pepper
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup toasted breadcrumbs
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Melt oil in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Add onion, bell pepper and celery and sauté gently until soft but not browned. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly. Stir in mustard and cayenne. Fold in crabmeat and parsley.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased baking shells or individual casserole dishes. Mix breadcrumbs and butter; sprinkle over crabmeat mixture. Bake at 425°F for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
per serving: 200 calories, 9g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 110mg cholesterol, 340mg sodium, 13g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 18g protein