crab stuffed flounder roll-ups
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 45 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 5 oz. each
- 6 oz. canned crab meat
- 4 flounder fillets, approx. 4 oz. each
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup flavored bread crumbs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- cooking spray
- paprika, to taste
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Place half the bread crumbs on a shallow plate and set aside.
- Place the crab meat in a wire mesh strainer and rinse under cool running water. Pick over the crab, removing any cartilage. Carefully press out all of the water. Pat dry with paper towels and transfer to a large bowl. Add the remaining bread crumbs, crushed red pepper and mayonnaise. Mix well and set aside.
- Lightly spray each fillet with cooking spray; coat both sides with the reserved bread crumbs. Spread even amounts of the crab mixture onto each fillet; roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange the roll-ups on the baking sheet, sprinkle with paprika to taste, and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until fish is no longer translucent. Squeeze the fresh lemon over the roll-ups and serve immediately.
per serving: 190 calories, 5g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 90mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 7g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 30g protein