cranberry chocolate chip oatmeal cookie mix
prep time: 20 minutes cook time: 14 minutes ready in: 34 minutes makes: Each jar makes 12, 2 cookie servings
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (1 cup for each jar)
- 4 teaspoons baking soda (1 teaspoon for each jar)
- 2 teaspoons salt (1/2 teaspoon for each jar)
- 3 cups firmly packed brown sugar (3/4 cup for each jar)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (1/2 cup for each jar)
- 8 cups quick-cooking oats (2 cups for each jar)
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels (1/2 cup for each jar)
- 2 cups Nature's Promise dried cranberries (1/2 cup for each jar)
- 4 qt size canning jars
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; spoon into a decorative jar, pressing down gently. Layer brown sugar, sugar, oats, chocolate morsels, and cranberries over flour layer; seal jar.
- CRANBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES: 1 jar Cranberry Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Mix; 3/4 cup butter spread (like Smart Balance); 2 large eggs; 1 teaspoon vanilla extract;
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix butter spread, eggs and vanilla extract with an electric mixer. Add the contents of the jar and mix well until combined. Using a 1 ½ inch scoop, drop the dough onto baking sheets lined with silpat sheets or parchment paper, spacing 2 inches apart.
- Flatten slightly. Bake until golden and just set, about 14 minutes, rotating halfway through. Let cool on the sheets on wire racks for 5 min.
per serving: 90 calories, 4g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 10mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 13g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 2g protein