cranberry pear muffins
prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 50 minutes
makes: 12 servings, 1 muffin each
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cup peeled & shredded pear
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh of frozen cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar for topping
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 375°°F. Coat 12 muffin tin cups (2 ½ inch) with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, combine pear, cranberries, egg, oil and lemon zest. Add liquids to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins from pan and dip tops in additional granulated sugar. Cool slightly before serving.
per serving: 150 calories, 5g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 25g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 2g protein