crustless mini asparagus quiches
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 25 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 12 servings, 1 piece each
- 2 cups asparagus, ends trimmed and chopped
- 1 can (12 oz.) evaporated skim milk
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups reduced fat shredded mild or sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Blanch asparagus by placing in a pot of boiling water for 1–2 minutes. Remove from water and set aside.
- Whisk evaporated milk, eggs, flour, salt and black pepper in medium bowl until blended. Stir in asparagus, cheese and bell pepper. Spoon 1/3 cup of mixture into each muffin cup, filling almost to top. Stir mixture frequently to evenly distribute ingredients.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until knife inserted near centers comes out clean and tops are lightly browned. Cool in pans for 15 minutes. Run knife or small, flat spatula around inside edges of muffin cups to carefully remove quiches.
per serving: 85 calories, 3g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 60mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 6g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 9g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.