cube steak strips italiano
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 40 minutes
ready in: 50 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 12 oz. each
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 lb. beef round cube steaks, sliced into strips
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 4 oz. pasta
Per Serving: 450 calories, 19g fat, 6g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 460mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 31g protein
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add half of the mushrooms to the skillet and sauté until lightly browned and remove from skillet. Sauté remaining mushrooms and remove.
- Sauté onions and remove.
- Sprinkle steak strips with garlic powder. Add remaining oil to skillet and brown steaks on both sides.
- Add tomatoes, the sautéed mushrooms and onions, and oregano. Simmer 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Serve meat and sauce over cooked pasta.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.