prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 0 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 6 servings, 1 cup each
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons warm water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried basil)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Peel and cut cucumbers into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine tahini, lemon juice and water. Add extra water a little at a time until you reach desired consistency of dressing.
- Stir in garlic, lemon zest and onion. Add cucumbers and toss to combine.
- Add mint, basil and parsley and stir gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled.
- *If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 60 calories, 4g fat, .5g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 2g protein