double peach pound cake
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 1 hour
ready in: 1 hour 20 minutes
makes: 16 servings, 1 slice each
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) Del Monte ® Lite Yellow Cling Sliced Peaches
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ⅔ cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg whites or 1/2 cup egg substitute or 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a 10-inch non-stick bundt pan with non stick cooking spray and dust with ¼ cup flour, shaking off excess. Drain 1 can of peaches, discarding juices, and arrange slices evenly on bottom of pan.
- Stir together the remaining 2½ cups flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the oil in a large bowl for 30 seconds or until bubbly. Add sugar and extract and beat until well blended. Add egg whites and remaining can of peaches with juice; beat well, scraping sides. Gradually add the flour mixture; beat until smooth.
- Pour batter carefully over the peach slices in prepared pan. Bake 60–65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Place pan on wire rack to cool completely. Loosen cake from sides of pan; invert onto plate. Dust with powdered sugar just before serving.