egg salad with asparagus and capers
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 10 servings, 1/2 cup each
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled, peeled and chopped
- 1 ½ lb asparagus spears
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, green parts only
- 1/4 cup capers
- 3/4 cup reduced fat olive oil mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Trim asparagus and lightly steam; run under cold water and chop into small pieces. In a medium bowl, combine eggs, chopped asparagus, scallions and capers. In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, dill and pepper
- Stir dressing into egg mixture (depending on the desired consistency, use part or all of the dressing).
- *Nutrition information is based on the full serving of dressing.
per serving: 100 calories, 6g fat, 2g saturated fat, 260mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 9g protein