fish and tomato gratin
prep time: 10 minutes cook time: 25 minutes ready in: 35 minutes makes 4 servings, 6 oz. each
- 1 lb. tilapia or flounder fillets
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 slice wheat bread, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat a glass or ceramic baking dish with oil or cooking spray. Arrange fillets in single layer in baking dish.
- Combine tomatoes, green onions, garlic, parsley, thyme, lemon juice and pepper. Spoon evenly over fish.
- Top tomato layer with bread cubes and sprinkle Parmesan over all.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork and bread crumb topping is golden brown.
- Serve with broccoli and a pasta side.