prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 6, 6 piece servings
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or flaxseed meal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, combine flaxseed, flour, baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and oregano. Combine milk and oil and add to dry ingredients. Stir until ingredients are moistened and use hands to lightly knead together into a ball. Flatten dough and roll out between 2 sheets of waxed paper to a 9 inch square about 1/8 inch thick. Cut dough into 1&fract12 inch squares and place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 min or until lightly browned around edges. Remove from oven and sprinkle crackers with remaining salt and garlic powder. Cool on wire rack and store in an airtight container. Makes 36 crackers.
per serving: 120 calories, 6g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 14g carbohydrates, 2g dietary fiber, 1g sugar, 3g protein