fruit & nut oatmeal cookies
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 12 minutes
ready in: 27 minutes
makes: 48 servings, 1 cookie each
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats or quick oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and baking soda and add to the butter mixture; stir just until combined.
- Stir in oats, cranberries, orange zest, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are golden brown.
- Cool to room temperature on cookie sheets.
- Store at room temperature in airtight containers.
per serving: 110 calories, 5g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 30mg sodium, 14g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 8g sugar, 2g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.