prep time: 10 minutes cook time: 5 minutes makes 8 servings, 2 oz. each
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. unshelled shrimp
- 2 teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1/4 cup medium-dry to dry sherry
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- Fresh lemon juice, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- In a large heavy skillet set over moderately high heat, heat the oil until it is hot, add the garlic and cook, stirring, until it is pale golden.
- Add the red pepper flakes and the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is pink and firm to the touch for approximately 1 –2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the paprika and cook the mixture, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the sherry and then boil the mixture for 30 seconds; sprinkle with parsley.
- Season the mixture with lemon juice and salt and pepper, to taste, and transfer it to a serving bowl. Serve at room temperature.