gluten free oat banana cookies
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 15 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 36 servings, 1 cookie each
- 1 ½ cups Bob's Red Mill Biscuit and Baking Mix
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ¼ cups ground flax seeds
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 ¾ cups gluten-free oats
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a bowl, mix gluten-free flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix in flax seeds.
- Stir in egg and banana and mix well. Stir in the oats until all ingredients are well blended.
- Drop teaspoon-sized balls onto ungreased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 12–15 minutes in the preheated oven or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.
- *If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 185 calories, 7g fat, 0g saturated fat, 100mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 6g protein