prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 25 minutes
ready in: 40 minutes
makes: 24 servings, 1 bar each
- 4 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 cup your choice of raisins, dried cranberries, blueberries or apples
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds, almonds or other nuts
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except dried fruit and nuts. Mix well with an electric mixer until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with foil, leaving an extra 3 inches on each end of the pan. Spray generously with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir in the fruit and nuts until they are mixed into the oatmeal dough. Scoop out the dough and press evenly into a prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan for 10 min. Grab the extra foil on the ends of the pan and lift to remove the entire batch from the pan.
- Cut into bars and cool another 10 min before removing cut bars from foil. Store in an airtight container or wrap individual bars in plastic wrap so they are ready to go camping with you.
per serving: 200 calories, 8g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 15mg cholesterol, 100mg sodium, 31g carbohydrates, 3g dietary fiber, 4g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.